Earlier this week, my mom and I headed out to stock up on some veggies for lunches and dinners to come. Kale, watermelon, zucchini, squash, peppers, onions, corn, beets and tomatillos. Mmmm...tomatillos. I just knew it was salsa time!
* Fresh tomatillos (approx. 1.5-2 lbs.)
* 4 large jalapeños
* 1 large onion
* 4 garlic cloves
* Fresh cilantro (approx. 1/2 cup)
* Salt (to taste)
* Peel and rinse tomatillos and slice the onion in half or in quarters. Place on a baking sheet (feel free to line with foil) with the jalapeños and cook at 400 degrees F for 15-20 minutes, until the tomatillos turn yellow and the jalapeños char.
* Chop approx. 1/2 cup of fresh cilantro while the above is roasting.
* Once roasted, de-seed and lightly chop the jalapeños. Toss into a food processor with the garlic and pulse. Then add the onions and pulse. Next, the tomatillos. Finally, the cilantro and salt, to taste.
* Serve as a dip with chips or on top of grilled chicken, pork or fish. Enjoy!
Do you have any favorite salsa recipes to share? How do you cook with salsa?