2. Live in the moment, while embracing change and rolling with the punches. You never know what life is going to bring, so quit planning so far ahead and trying to figure out every small detail. Time to live life one day at a time with open arms and open eyes, and crossing bridges when we get to them.
3. Learn to say no. Sometimes by saying no, you're saying yes to yourself. As someone who never sits still and is always on the go, it's time to scale back and find what really makes me tick and what I really need to be doing.
4. Volunteer more. I think the local animal shelter is calling my name. I should probably just put my house up for sale and buy a farm because how I am going to be able to spend time with pups I can't take home? It (or Shaun) might kill me.
5. Spend more time with friends and family. It's easy to get stuck in your daily routine and not change things up. Promising myself that I'll go out of my way to spend more time with my friends and family, even if it is just getting together for coffee or a weeknight meal.
6. Save more money. This should always be a goal, but I'm going to make some small changes in the way my money is spent and separated into bank accounts and hopefully it will pay off. Pun intended :)
7. Get back to peak physical shape. A la where I was in high school and then some. Time to log some miles and really put an emphasis on weight training.
8. Visit a new city (or country) with Shaun. We've been dying to make it to Europe before little redheads come along so we'll see if this is our year. If not, a fun adventure to a new US city would do just fine!
9. Really try to become a morning person. Or maybe just a better morning person. This may never be easy, but I'm going to focus on getting to bed earlier and then getting up even earlier. I'm sure the pups will be pleased with this goal.
10. Step outside my comfort zone. It's time to push myself in a new way every day professionally, physically and mentally. Bring it on, 2012...you are limitless!